Frequently asked questions
► What does the app do?
WowPitch helps you create a snappy, distinctive 30-second self-introduction – to get a new job, create interest in your sales pitch, stir networking interest, inspire someone to donate or learn more about your cause, or attract investors.
► Who’s it for?
Four primary types benefit from WowPitch:
1) Jobseekers. You’ve got to be able to differentiate yourself from others looking for work, and the app helps you do that.
2) Networkers and Salespeople. When you’re asked, “What do you do?,” the app guides you to a great answer.
3) Volunteers and Leaders of nonprofit organizations. Every other group is competing for the same contributions and support. What can you say that makes a difference? The app gives you guidance.
- Entrepreneurs looking for funding. Making a classic Elevator Pitch to investors gets easier with the app’s step-by-step process.
► How does it work?
With a series of practical tips embedded throughout the app, the user is guided step-by-step through the process of writing a self-introduction.
- Depending on your purpose or business, you can choose from one of two paths, either the “promise to give them something” approach or the “create an instant connection.”
- Once a selection is made, an array of benefit words is listed for review. The user checks off the ones relevant to his or her message, or can write in any others preferred.
- Next, the user is invited to decide between two different opening techniques for the WowPitch™ introduction. The benefit words are incorporated into the opening.
- In a short series of additional steps, the user writes a brief description of his or her position and work responsibilities.
- All of the entries are captured in an easily edited final section.
- The results are then rearranged into an actual pitch, with a word count and voice recorder, to allow further perfecting and editing as needed.
► How long does it take?
Most pitches can be crafted in just a few minutes.
► How many can you make?
There is no limit on the number of pitches you can create.
► Can you store the pitches on the app?
Absolutely. Your pitches are readily available on the app whenever you need to say them, or create new ones.
► What’s on the free version of WowPitch?
Along with practical tips, you’ll find 36 examples of WowPitches in six categories: Dating Pickup Lines, Raising Capital, Fundraising, Networking, Job-Seekers, and Referrals. You can also write and store your own.
► Why did Anne B. Freedman, CEO of Speakout, Inc., create the WowPitch app?
After years of working with executives and nonprofit leaders on their speeches and presentations, I realized that the most overlooked opportunity to make a great impression was the brief self-introduction that everyone makes at networking events. To fill that gap, I’ve been helping clients to create their “Elevator Speech,” the networking mini-talk, so bringing the process to an app felt like a natural next step.
“As a former journalist, I’m still always looking for the ‘story’ when I meet someone,” says Anne Freedman. “ A good WowPitch™ introduction intrigues the listener, making you want to know more about the person, and his or her ‘story.’ Everyone has something that makes them special and worth knowing. It’s a challenge, however, to get that uniqueness across in just a few words, and not sound like you are bragging.”